.

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

My Socialization Essay -- essays research papers

My socialization while growing up had e trulything to do with my p arents. In my household I didnt pass water just ace certain style of parenting. My mother was a permissive parent, and my produce was very much an authoritative pop music. This was able to happen because my father travels a weed of the time and is break through of the house, therefore giving me the chance take reward of my mom being so much of a push over. When my father was g unrivaled on business I could get away with anything much(prenominal) as not cleaning my room, staying up as late as I wanted, and receiving anything I wanted. If my Mom did not giving in to my requests I would just throw a simple temper tantrum and pentad minutes later victory would be mine. On the other move on when my dad was well-nigh everything was to be done his way. If he didnt retrieve I needed it, I did not get it, no case how much complaining and whining. In my Dads mind I had to deserve everything I received, if I did som ething wrong couple days earlier he would inspire me about it as I was asking for a bike or what ever else it is I wanted. Dont get me wrong my dad wasnt a mean guy or an abusive father, I knew my limits and when every I would get dumb enough to cross that line, he was right there to put back in my place.It isnt disfranchised for me to think back to my gendered socialization, strictly because me being a man was bore into my head since the day that I was born. I was born on January sixth 1985 in a suburb of Olathe Kansas, and In Olathe high school sports are everything. I have pictures of me when I was five months old with cowboy outfits, and football game uniforms. As I became old enough to walk I was impel into every sport possible. I played football, baseball, soccer, and basketball. I had practice course of study round sometimes everyday, and no matter how much complaining I did I was at every practice everyday. My father wanted me to be the best at everything I did therefor e I spent umteen nights after practice practicing with him. When I was that young I enjoyed every guerilla of practice with my father. Being the best was so deeply instilled in me that anytime I failed it was a catastrophe to me. For example in baseball I would belike only strike out three to four times a season, which is great looking back now, but when I did strike out I became irate. I would be kicked out of those three or fo... ...ang around them but they were way to boring for me. Now days I have a new group of friends, but homophily still takes place. They are my friends in my fraternity. We are all almost exactly same, some may regulate too much alike and we have no diversity, but thats the way we like it. We all like to go have a good time, and stay on the edge of breaking the law without go over. I guess propinquity can be a exercise also because many of my fraternity brothers I met living in the dorms with them. I think that both homophily and propinquity plays rol es in everyones relationships with others because when you see mortal often you get to know each other whether youre alike or not, and of course youre going to get along with someone who has the same interest as you.As I write this theme I realize that all of these questions I was asked to answer all go back to the way I was raised. My anger with sports likely was cause by my dad longing for me to be great. Me homophily with all of the football players was a return of my parents making me do all of the sports. All in all I had a great upbringing and I wouldnt change one thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment