.

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Free Essays - Holden and Modern Teenagers :: Catcher Rye Essays

The backstop in the Rye - Holden and Modern Teenagers   The characteristics of Holden from the book The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger, leave alone be comp bed to the modern adolescent.  The characteristics of both(prenominal) sets of teenagers be basically similar, but in some parts, they are different. I chose myself as the modern teenager to be compared to Holden. There will be quaternary major subjects to be talked ab forth in the essay. The of import subjects that are going to be discussed in this essay are academics, family, experiences and slang.  I thought these four categories are interesting and easy to explain.     In school, we are really similar in many ways.  Both of us do not do well academically.  We both have problems with grades in our classes.  Holden failed four out of five of his classes while I failed none.  But instead I received four Cs from four out of eight of my classes. Although Holden has problems with grades, ironically he does well in his position. Holden stated, Im quite illiterate, but I read a lot. (p.18) Reading books improves your grammar and vocabulary.  This was be the reason why Holden does well in his English class. I do not read ofttimes and therefore I have problems in my grammar.   The family background of Holden and I are fairly similar, both of us come from opulent families.  Holden and I are both very lucky to be vignetteing in eminent institutions. Unfortunately, Holden does not make water this advantage. Holdens mind is elsewhere in a reverie, day dreaming how to drop a line the virtuous children from the evil.  While studying away from his family makes Holdens relationship with his family worst. I study in a private school with my sister and we go household every day and meet our parents when we get home.  Since Holden does not spend timber time with his parents long enough, he rarely talked about them in the book. Ho lden plain wrote about his brother in a negative way, Now hes out in Hollywood, D.B., being a prostitute.(p.2) Using the word prostitute core a lot, maybe he did not know him as much as he needed to. Unlike me, I will never insult my sister a prostitute because that is like insulting yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment